Friday, November 18, 2011

Are we rejecting simple life for "success", "power" and "money"?

I think so. We spend long hours working. We are obsessed with material stuffs like big screens tv [I have a simple tv with dvd and vhs], powerful cars [I used the public transportation], wear a Casio watch [too many wants Rolex or Philippe Patek watches] and eat frugally. Yet people like me are consider "losers". What do you think?|||some people do take it overboard, i have to admit





but we all have to admit that having things is nice





there is a certain level where a person is supposed to want better for themselves and their family





if you stop setting goals for yourself you end up stagnate. even if those goals are just things they are better than stopping altogether





you sound as if you are happy w/ very little which is all good and well. but i bet even you want some of things that you mentioned, for whatever reason you have given up on the dream over time|||People can own their possesions or let their possesions own them...|||You are normal.|||I think you're right. The more 'advanced' we become, the more 'behind' we get.|||I think it has a lot to do with advertising and the consumer lifestyle it promotes.|||I feel that we are forgetting what real life is as a generation. We care more about our personal belongings than relationships with people. I agree with taking the bus or train. When my bike was working , i used to ride my bike to school, basically everywhere. People need to wake up and realize that physical things in society are the devil. And i'm not talking about no demon or guy with horns. i'm talking about that the physical is weak. Mental power is the greatest tool. The mind is like a gun you'll get blasted.|||a lot of people yes. and for what? so they can enjoy life. but really happiness doesn't come from that. Men shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God Matthew 4:4|||I like what technology has to offer these days, i want to be able to go into a shop and say i want to buy that, for her or for me.


I mean i can't do without the Internet and what society has to offer today, that's why we are here, asking and answering these questions.


Yeah probably going back to the old days can be a breath of fresh air once and a while but at the end of the day we have progressed and so will are children!!!!!|||I agree with everything except for the little part where you stated success was not a good thing... success comes from those who try to live a good life, and it may not always be a part of power and money. To be successful is to be happy of what you get from simple life.

No comments:

Post a Comment