Friday, November 18, 2011

Which mechanical wristwatches run longest?

My Cartier "Tank LC" runs 45 hours, if I fully wind it. That's fairly typical, but there has been one upsmanship to see who can make the longest-running model. Patek Philippe's "5100' took the lead in 2000 by running 240 hours=10 days. In 2003, Patek added the $240,000 "5101" tourbillon to its line. It also runs 10 days. Do these two models still hold the record for power reserve? Serious answers only, please!|||I think so, I bet the two still hold the record... as I recall what I read from a magazine 2 years ago.. but .. looking for an update answer... !|||Of course I know Asia, I am in Hong Kong! Thanks for the information. I once nearly bought a Jaeger-LeCoultre's antique .. (very unique one) .. I wanted to cool down my head as it was too expensive.. then I decided to buy it and went to the shop next day. It was sold!

Report Abuse


|||I own 1952 "Beau Brummel" and 1953 "Futurematic" power reserve labelled LeCoultre and 1956 "Memovox" alarm labelled Jaeger-LeCoutre. How much for one you mentioned? I didn't know where you lived. I own Vacherons too, 1902-now.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment