Monday, November 14, 2011

Which watch is better and more expensive, Rolex or Patek Philippe?

I heard of Patek Philippe Sky moon tourbillion. I like it, but is it more expensive and better than the Rolex watch I have? How much is it if you know?|||It is quite a bit of money and will probably run you somewhere in the 25,000-50,000 range. When compared to each other they are put basically within the same category above the rest of the watch companies out there. Since I do not know what Rolex you have now I am not sure that the Patek would be any better or worse but my guess would be no in that they are most likely very similar. Some collector's actually prefer other watches over the Rolex or Patek brands and could be based on the preference of the specific person.|||the sky moon tourbillion is over 1million and to buy it new, you have to be interviewed and be accepted, patek is way more expensive and is better

Report Abuse


|||Rolex has never, and will never make a watch on the same level as the Patek Philippe Sky Moon Tourbillion... cost wise, you are comparing a Toyota Camry to a Bugatti Veyron.





Rolex makes a great line of watches that are affordable and durable - they also mass produce the heck out of them. Patek Philippe is in an entirely different class.|||I own both and feel that I need both. Patek is in its own class. If you want a true piece of art that will only increase in value with time and become a collectible then Patek is the answer. A Patek is a formal or "easy" occasion timepiece. I have a Patek 5146G and I wear on days I am in the office and not in the field(I am an engineer) and formal events. However, my two Rolex's are my everyday watch. I feel I can do anything with these watches (GMT II-C and SS Daytona). My GMT II-C I scuba dive in, hike, bike, work, and it is the best. It is like a tank and for the most part all Rolex's are like this because they are a sport watch. You will also be hard pressed to find a Rolex that doesn't increase in value with time. Even though they mass produce them they have mastered the art of maintaining an iconic image.





As far as price....that goes to Patek. They have a watch that has sold for 25 million bones and of the 100 highest priced watches sold at auction 80 go to Patek. Rolex makes some that go up to 250K new but it only because they are platinum and covered in diamonds.|||I own a tourbillion I paid 4695 for it the.:.: I own a similar one called rolex submariner it was 6000

No comments:

Post a Comment